Camden Courier-Post – June 12, 1933
Francis J. McHugh Takes Over as Head of Aerie Here
Newly elected officers of Camden Aerie, Fraternal Order of Eagles, will take over their official duties at the next meeting of the organization. The staff was installed Wednesday night by Grand Worthy President Henry J. Berrodin, who was assisted by deputy grand officers. The impressive ceremonies were followed by a buffet luncheon.
Francis J. McHugh was installed as worthy president. Robert Connor was installed as worthy vice president; John Granahan, past worthy president; Charles Gengenbach, chaplain; James L. Cahill, conductor; James V. Connors, secretary; George H. DeMelian, treasurer; George Tuttle, inside guard, and Joseph Middleton, trustee for three years.
After the ceremonies, McHugh announced the list of his appointments for committee members. The list follows:
- House – Patrick J. Cunningham chairman; Peter J. McGuire, John Granahan, William Huff and William Davis.
- Investigating – David L. Visor, chairman; David Luckoff, Seth Foster, Philip Marlow and Granahan.
- Sick – Charles Schock, chairman; Granahan, Harry C. Keeny, Thomas Glann, and Marlow.
- Finance – Thomas E. MacNamara, chairman; Robert Connor and Foster.
- Auditing – MacNamara, chairman; Jesse Goldenberg and Foster.
- Entertainment- McGuire, chairman; Luckoff, Joseph D. Middleton and Harry F. Laxton.
- Bowling – Laxton, chairman; Luckoff, and James W. Conner
- Welfare – McGuire, chairman; George H. DeMelian, James W. Conner, Middleton, Luckoff, Laxton, A.J. DFougherty, Robert Connor, Davis and Huff.
- Publicity – Visor, chairman.
- Membership -Robert Connor. chairman; C. Guy Ross, Huff, Alfred Zimmerman, Jacob Reese, Charles W. Sutton, Laxton, Clinton B. Smithers and William Von Reiche.
Delegates to state convention: Visor and Granahan.