Originally opened as a liquor store, by 1966 Waldorf Liquor Company had become Waldorf Bar. The Giambrone family operated the establishment in the 1990’s. In 2000, the bar changed hands and was known as Cafaro’s Waldorf Tavern and, later, Roman’s Waldorf Tavern.
Walt’s Cafe was located at 1197 Lansdowne Avenue, on the corner of Lansdowne Avenue and Louis Street. The bar had operated as Briggs Cafe in the late 1940s, and in the late 1960s and early 1970s as Walt’s Cafe. During the 1990s the bar was known as the Camelot Lounge.
The Knights of the Golden Eagle is a secret benevolent institution, founded in Baltimore, Md., February 6, 1873, and is now in successful operation in the States of Maryland, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Delaware, New Jersey, California, Ohio, New York, Iowa, Georgia, Connecticut, West Virginia, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, Colorado, Virginia, Illinois, Alabama and the District of Columbia. It is based upon the most liberal principles consistent with future prosperity, and has for its motto, "Fidelity, Valor and Honor," a trinity of graces which are taught in its ritual.