Category: Hospitals

  • Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital

    Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital

    Haddon Avenue and Vesper Avenue From the book, Camden County Medical Society, 1846-1956, published by the Camden County Medical Society, 1957 Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Camden, New Jersey, was opened to patients on July 1, 1950, for the care of all races, colors, and creeds. The hospital is owned and operated by the Sisters…

  • West Jersey Hospital

    West Jersey Hospital

    Mount Ephraim Avenue at Atlantic Avenue This text is primarily from Camden County Medical Society 1846 – 1956, published by the Camden County Medical Society, 1957. West Jersey Hospital opened in 1885, for the purpose of giving relief to the sick who were poor. It bore the name of “Camden Homeopathic Hospital and Dispensary Association,”…

  • Cooper Hospital

    Cooper Hospital

    Cooper’s roots can be traced to the mid-1870s, when Richard M. Cooper, MD, and members of his extended family donated money and land bounded by Mickle Street (now Martin Luther King Boulevard), Benson Street, 6th Street, and 7th Street for a new hospital. Guided by their Quaker roots, the prominent Camden family sought to provide…