The West Jersey Hotel at Delaware Avenue and Market Street was built by the West Jersey Ferry Company in 1849. It was run by different parties through the ensuing years. Stephen Parsons operated the business from 1884 until his passing in 1890.
Miller Manufacturing Company
1100 N. 32nd Street The Miller Manufacturing Company, headed up by William I. Miller, manufactured Wonder Weld…
More or less the equivalent of the modern golf course and country club, The Stockton Rifle Range…
George B. Newton Coal Company
Of all the staple products entering into general consumption none was of greater interest or importance than coal, and in this respect nature has been especially bounteous in bestowing her gifts to the United States. Among the old-established and well-know firms in Camden engaged in this line was Newton Coal on Wright Avenue.
The Parkade Building
The Parkade Building was built in the mid-1950’s on Roosevelt Plaza Park. The project was Mayor George E. Brunner’s solution to the downtown parking issues.
Loyal Order of Moose – Camden Lodge 111
In Camden the Loyal Order of Moose sponsored a variety of civic and social activities, including amateur boxing tournaments during the Depression years.
Olga’s Diner, for those poor souls who only know it as being located on Route 70 at Route 73 in Evesham Township, was originally located in Camden NJ.
West Jersey Ferry (aka Market Street Ferry)
Photos and excerpts about the West Jersey Ferry (aka Market Street Ferry) Depot
DuBell Lumber Company
In 1922 William, Charles, and grandson Lester went into business for themselves, founding the DuBell Lumber Company at 18th and Federal Street in East Camden.
The Nine-Thirty-Nine Bar, formerly a cigar shop, was a bar which was eventually razed after the brutal murder of its owner and the construction of Rt 676.
Eagles Hall was a building built by the Fraternal Order of Eagles Aerie No 65, in 1908. The building was later used by various groups until a fire in 1968.
Hurley’s Department Store
Founded in 1890, Hurley’s Department Store was a fixture in the Camden and South Jersey retail business scene until 1956, when the Hurley family closed the business.