Tag: Pinsky Stores

  • H. Pinsky & Son Co.

    H. Pinsky & Son Co.

    In 1924, the new Pinsky Store building, a five story structure at 836-840 Broadway, the corner of Broadway & Spruce Street, opened for business. The Pinsky building was later acquired by a furniture business called Whitehill, which operated there through the late 1940s.

  • Wildey Hall

    Wildey Hall

    Wildey Hall was built in 1868 by the Independent Order of Odd Fellows and was named for Thomas Wildey who formed the first Independent Order of Odd Fellows Lodge in NJ, in Camden, in 1829.

  • Camden’s Retailing Problem

    Camden’s Retailing Problem

    The “Buy in Camden” campaign was aimed at keeping in Camden, the great flow of business which goes “shopping.” While this class of buyer may not have found in the Camden stores of ten years ago the great variety of goods which satisfies the varying wants of necessity and luxury, that condition has changed.