Tag: William Morgenweck

  • Old Cooper Street

    Old Cooper Street

    Reprinted from the series of stories of Camden’s earlier days, under the title Sixty Years in Camden County – Gosh! by Will Paul, appearing in The Community news, of Merchantville, NJ.

  • Charles B. Helm

    Charles B. Helm

    Doctor Charles Blaine Helm was born in Camden in 1884. He was a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine in 1906 and later owner of the Camden basketball teams.

  • William Penn Corson

    William Penn Corson

    Known locally as W. Penn Corson, William, a Camden, NJ native, built the sewage systems in nearby towns and paved the White Horse Pike.

  • Convention Hall

    Convention Hall

    Camden has had two buildings known as Convention Hall, which can get a bit confusing, and the issue gets even more confusing when you add the fact that Camden had four different armories in the years between 1880 and 1960, and one of them was also called Convention Hall! It doesn’t help either that Convention…

  • The Year 1837, Camden, NJ

    City Council authorized the construction of a market house on Market Street at the intersection of Third Street on March 13, 1837. This market house containing 8 stalls was erected at a cost of $250, and was ready for use December 28, 1837. It was continued in use until 1871 when it was torn down.