Philadelphia Inquirer – April 19, 1871
On Thursday, the newly-appointed police force of Camden will receive their stars and uniforms, and enter upon the discharge of their duties. The following is the corrected list of officers:
- Daniel W. Curlis, chief.
- First Ward—John I. Smith, Charles M. Hay, Thomas E. Mason.
- Second Ward—James W. Ayres, Daniel Johntry, Charles Catting.
- Third Ward—William Chambers, Theodore W. Jones, Abraham Lower.
- Fourth Ward—William H. Hawkins, William D. Middleton, Thos H. Cols.
- Fifth Ward – John W. Campbell, Smuel Mortland, William A White.
- Sixth Ward – John J. Brown, Jesse C. Chew, Cornelius N. Brown.
- Seventh Ward.—Joseph Muinbaeck, Jacob Hefflenger, Miles Morgan.
- Eight Ward – Henry L. Johnson, William Campbell, William Howard.