Post Offices in Camden were established in 1803 and the first was called Cooper"s Ferry Post Office, under which name it continued until 1829 when it was changed to Camden. The office was first located in the hotel at the foot of Cooper street.
Camden Courier-Post – November 29, 1949
Capt. Gustav Koerner, youngest of six men holding that rank in the department, today was named Camden police chief.