Ninth Street made its debut in Camden City Directories in 1878. Throughout the years, it has significantly extended beyond its initial length, currently stretching from Morgan Boulevard to Pyne Point in North Camden, with a few significant interruptions along the way.
Hover or click on marker for additional details
The eastern segment of Atlantic Avenue, stretching beyond 7th Street, presents a combination of residential and commercial properties that persists to this day.
Ninth Street made its debut in Camden City Directories in 1878. Throughout the years, it has significantly extended beyond its initial length, currently stretching from Morgan Boulevard to Pyne Point in North Camden.
Reprinted from the series of stories of Camden’s earlier days, under the title Sixty Years in Camden County – Gosh! by Will Paul, appearing in The Community news, of Merchantville, NJ.
Cooper Street, named after the prominent Cooper family, holds a significant place in Camden’s history as one of its oldest streets.
Established in 1885, the Camden National Bank opened at 259 Kaighn Avenue on August 13, 1885. Zophar C. Howell was the first President. One of the founders, and an early vice-president was Henry B. Wilson, for whom the H.B. Wilson School at South 9th & Florence Street is named, and whose son was Admiral Henry…
EUGENE F. ALSTON was born October 16, 1919 in Camden to Richard Alston and his wife, the former Dolly Robinson. His father had been born in 1891 in Henderson, North Carolina. Richard Alston was working as a laborer at the Victor Talking Machine Company in June of 1917, and had married. Mr. and Mrs. Alston…