Tag: Thomas W. McCowan

  • A history of banking in Camden, NJ

    A history of banking in Camden, NJ

    Camden Banking The Farmers and Mechanics Bank was organized with a capital of $300,000 on March 31, 1855. The banking house at the southeast corner of Front and Market Streets was built at the cost of $18,000. This institution was conducted as a State Bank until September 1, 1864 when it became a National Bank…