505-509 Arch Street, Camden, NJ
Camden Auto Radiator was located at 505-509 Arch Street. Owned by Herman Z. Cutler, it was one of several auto repair establishments that operated on and just off of Arch Street in the 1920’s and 1930’s. Other shops included George’s Auto Service and the Cooperson Brothers auto body shop.
The 1920 Census shows Herman and Yetta Cutler in Camden’s Parkside neighborhood, living at 1240 Princess Avenue with there children Dorothy, Harry, and Abraham. Herman Cutler, then 31, had come to America in 1906. Also living with the Cutler family was a cousin, Abe Ostroff, who worked as an auto mechanic.
Herman Z. Cutler was involved in the fundraising drive that culminated in the building of the Walt Whitman Hotel at Broadway and Cooper streets in 1925.
Buildings on the north side of Arch Street was razed around 1930 during the construction of City Hall to make way for Roosevelt Plaza Park. The Parkade Building was erected on the site in the 1950s.
Herman Z. Cutler would go on to found the Cutler Metal Products Company, which operated at 1021-10255 Line Street into the 1980s.
Hover or click on marker for additional details
Herman Z. Cutler
HERMAN Z. CUTLER is best remembered in Camden for the company he founded, Cutler Metal Products Company, which operated at 1021-1025 Line Street into the 1980s.
You must log in to post a comment.