Michael Greenetz was already managing a jewelry store at the time of the 1920 Census, living with his brother, Joseph, at 1468 Haddon Avenue. In 1921 the brothers were partnered with Abraham Pelicoff in a jewelry store which by 1928 was at 833 Broadway. By 1930 Pelicoff had relocated to Atlantic City, where he operated a hotel. Michael and Joseph Greenetz remained on Broadway, moving their jewelry store to 839 Broadway by the mid-1930s. The store was still open at that location through the fall of 1956. Michael Greenetz passed away on August 13, 1958, and Joseph Greenetz died January 17, 1959. Their business did not survive them, and was not listed in the October 1959 New Jersey Bell Telephone Directory.
The Greenetz family remains in the jewelry business today, at 812 Haddon Avenue in Collingswood NJ, trading under the name of Ellis Antiques and Jewelry.
A son of Michael Greenetz, Dr. Harry R. Greenetz, practiced medicine in the Chews Landing section of Gloucester Township NJ for many years, until his passing in 1997.
Hover or click on marker for additional details
The Greenetz family owned and operated a jewelry store from prior to 1920 through approximately 1959.
The Zuni Athletic Association recently installed their officers for 1951, with Frank A. DiRenzo presiding.
The relief fund of the Camden Shrine Club, which will aid its unemployed and distressed members, was swelled by several thousand dollars last night from the receipts of one of the greatest vaudeville shows ever seen in the Convention Hall.