Tag: George Pfeiffer Jr.

800 Block of Cooper Street, Camden, NJ - 1893. The house on the left is 804 Cooper Street, which was the David Baird family home from the 1890's until October 1936. Prior to that, it was built and owned by E. N. Cohn.
Posted in Historical Accounts

Old Cooper Street

Reprinted from the series of stories of Camden’s earlier days, under the title Sixty Years in Camden County – Gosh! by Will Paul, appearing in The Community news, of Merchantville, NJ.

The First Camden County Courthouse, Camden, NJ.
Posted in Historical Accounts

The Year 1845 – Camden, NJ

A paper mill with a capacity of 45 tons of paper a month was erected on Cooper’s creek, north of Federal Street and extending from the creek to Twelfth Street, then known as Paper Mill Road.