Tag: Cox Street

  • Boyer Street

    Boyer Street

    Boyer Street, also known as Boyer Court, extended east from Nelson Street for approximately half a block until reaching a dead end at the rear of 1131 South 2nd Street. Pedestrian access was provided by an alley between 1131 and 1133 South 2nd Street. Prior to 1891, there was a block of five wood frame…

  • Cox Street

    Cox Street

    Originally designated as “Potter’s Old Block,” Cox Street extended westward from 1119 South 2nd Street, covering about half a block until it reached a dead end, located approximately opposite Sycamore Street. Interestingly, this street did not exist when the 1885 Sanborn Map was created. However, in July of 1888, the Philadelphia Inquirer featured a story…