25th Street


Twenty-fifth Street, initially identified as Fulton Street, originates in what was originally known as the Pavonia neighborhood, now encompassed within Cramer Hill, and extends southward to Carman Street in East Camden. Its original designation underwent a change, occurring sometime after the annexation of Stockton Township to Camden in 1899.

The street commences at the Delaware River, where the Farragut Sportsman Association maintains its docks. Progressing south, it traverses River Road, passes through the Pavonia railroad switching yard, connects to Federal Street, and briefly extends to Carman Street. Notably, before World War II, the foot of North 25th Street was home to several moored houseboats.

Consistent with the numbering convention in Camden, the street adopts the label North 25th Street above Federal and transforms into South 25th Street below Federal.


Location






Related Photos


Related Articles

  • 25th Street

    Twenty-fifth Street, initially identified as Fulton Street, originates in what was originally known as the Pavonia neighborhood, now encompassed within Cramer Hill, and extends southward to Carman Street in East Camden. Its original designation underwent a change, occurring sometime after the annexation of Stockton Township to Camden in 1899. The street commences at the Delaware…

    Read More…

  • Arthur Avenue

    Arthur Avenue

    Arthur Avenue, established prior to 1887 and named after U.S. President Chester A. Arthur, is situated within the Cramer Hill neighborhood of Camden.

    Read More…

  • Charles L. Alcott

    Charles L. Alcott was the son of Logan Alcott and his wife, the former Elizabeth Ann Bodine. The Alcotts were living in Camden as early as 1854. Logan Alcott was one of the founding stewards of Broadway Methodist Episcopal Church.Logan Alcott was in the coal business. The Alcott family was living at 440 West Street…

    Read More…

  • Robert T. Abbott

    Robert T. Abbott

    ROBERT T. ABBOTT was born in Salem, New Jersey on March 21, 18689 to Benjamin P. Abbott and his wife, the former Beulah Horner. The family moved to the Wrightsville section of Stockton Township, what is now Camden, in the 1870s. The 1880 Census shows the family consisting of Mr. and Mrs. Abbott, Robert, and…

    Read More…

  • Nine Safety Aides Sworn by Aaron

    Nine Safety Aides Sworn by Aaron

    Camden Courier-Post – August 12, 1950 Five recently-appointed policemen and four firemen were sworn in today by Public Safety Commissioner Aaron in his City Hall office. The nine men, all veterans of War II, will report for duty in the $2400-a-year posts on Sept 1. Four of the rookie policemen replace men retired on pension…

    Read More…

  • 5 Cops, 4 Firemen, All War 2 Vets Named by Aaron

    5 Cops, 4 Firemen, All War 2 Vets Named by Aaron

    Director of Public Safety Aaron this afternoon announced the appointment of five new patrolmen and four new firemen.

    Read More…


Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.