East End Trust Company

The East End Trust Company was first organized on May 26, 1905. Dr. C.F. Hadley was the first president. Other founders and early directors included John Schimpf, Frederick von Nieda, and John Crawford.

The East End Trust Company opened for business on July 1, 1920 in temporary quarters at 27th and Cramer Streets. Dr. C.F. Hadley was again the president. The cornerstone for the new building at 2614-2616 Federal Street, designed by architect Joseph Hettel Sr., was laid on September 24, 1921. By 1936 the East End Trust had merged with the Camden Trust.


Location

Hover or click on marker for additional details




Photo Gallery


Related Articles

  • Edwin T. Mills

    Edwin T. Mills

    Edwin Mills joined the Camden Police Department and while traveling in a police radio car, a bus collided with their vehicle resulting in injuries to both officers.

    Read More…

  • East End Trust Company

    East End Trust Company

    The East End Trust Company was first organized on May 26, 1905. Dr. C.F. Hadley was the first president. Other founders and early directors included John Schimpf, Frederick von Nieda, and John Crawford.

    Read More…

  • Camden Trust

    Camden Trust

    The Camden Trust traces its origin back to July 1, 1873, when the The Camden Insurance, Safe Deposit & Trust Company, first opened for business, at 224 Federal Street. Over a period of seventy-five years, the bank merged with other local banks such as the Security Trust Company, Central Trust Company, East End Trust Company,…

    Read More…

  • Leon Todd from South Jersey: A History 1624 – 1924

    LEON EDGAR TODD—Substantial reasons for Camden’s continuous growth and advancement in recent years, are furnished in the development of the real estate plans of Leon E. Todd, one of the city’s most prominent realtors and builders in South Jersey, whose extensive general brokerage business and building interests have aroused State-wide attention.

    Read More…

  • A history of banking in Camden, NJ

    A history of banking in Camden, NJ

    The Farmers and Mechanics Bank was organized with a capital of $300,000 on March 31, 1855. The banking house at the southeast corner of Front and Market Streets was built at the cost of $18,000. This institution was conducted as a State Bank until September 1, 1864 when it became a National Bank and its…

    Read More…

  • Business Men Form Third National Bank

    Faith in the progress of East Camden is reflected in announcement of the organization of the Third National Bank and Trust company, the city’s newest banking institution, to be opened in April or May in a building at the northeast corner of Twenty-seventh Street and Westfield Avenue.

    Read More…

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.