Tag: Engine Company 11

  • Christian S. Stark

    Christian Samuel Stark Sr. was born on September 1, 1857, in Philadelphia, to Henry A. and Rebecca Stark. In the 1870s, he married Eliza E. Leech, and their family expanded with the birth of their son William Leech Stark before the 1880 Census. Over time, they welcomed four more children: sons Harry A., Grover C.,…

  • James T. McGrory, Jr

    James T. McGrory, Jr

    James T. McGrory was born on July 25, 1927, to James T. McGrory and Marguerite McGrory (née unknown). In the 1930 Census, the McGrory family, including James’ younger siblings Doris and Joseph, resided at 527 Fairview Street. At that time, James’ father worked as a manager at an American Stores grocery. The 1940 Camden City…

  • 27th Street

    27th Street

    27th Street, located in the neighborhoods of Cramer Hill and East Camden, has a rich history that spans several decades. Originally known as Fulton Street, it underwent significant transformations over time. Prior to 1899, 27th Street was situated in Stockton Township. It extended from the southern end of Cramer Park, which was bounded by 29th…

  • Harry J. Allebach

    Harry J. Allebach

    Harry J. Allebach was born on November 24, 1897, in Norristown, PA. He married Consuelo Elverson around 1917. According to the 1920 Census, they resided at 2913 High Street in East Camden, along with their daughter Frances, in his mother-in-law’s home. At that time, Harry worked as an electrician at a “car shop,” likely referring…

  • Three Alarm Fire at the Ivy Hill Apartments

    Three Alarm Fire at the Ivy Hill Apartments

    January 13, 2014 This page and the other pages in this series are the successors to the series of web-page about the Camden Fire Department. On this and other pages in the series you will find pictures and information regarding different events and aspects of the fire service in Camden, New Jersey. The retirements at…

  • Changes Announced in Fire Department

    Changes Announced in Fire Department

    Camden Courier-Post – June 5, 1940 Truck Disbanded, Engine Company Created 13 Men Transferred Commissioner Mary W. Kobus yesterday announced a number of changes in the fire department, including the disbanding of Truck Company No. 4; creation of a new engine company No. 10, and the transfer of 18 officers and men, 12 of them…