Boscul Coffee Company

Formerly William S. Scull & Company

Front & Federal Streets

Importers, packagers, and distributors of coffee and tea, William S. Scull & Company was founded in 1831 by Joab Scull. In 1858, William S. Scull became the head of the company, which traded for many years as William S. Scull & Company. William S. Scull would lead the firm until 1916, when he was succeeded by William C. Scull. R. Barclay Scull was president of Boscul Coffee in Camden until about 1960 when it was sold.

Sometime after 1947 the company changed its name to to the Boscul Coffee Company, it’s most famous brand. In the 1930’s the Scull company began packaging peanut butter in floral printed glasses. These glasses have become collectors items.

The Scull Company had a large warehouse and coffee roasting mill at Front & Federal Street in Camden, where it remained in business into the 1970s.

Related Photos


Hover or click on marker for additional details

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.